So I feel like in most aspects of social media, I've got my bases pretty well covered. I mean, I'm on Facebook a lot and I've recently become addicted to Pinterest (if you haven't checked it out, you don't know what you're missing. You pin images that you're interested in and then your friends repin them and so on and so on. I now am sinking in amazing looking recipes but anyhoo...) Twitter has always eluded me but I'm beginning to be okay with that--I just think I'm too verbose for 140 characters. So putting all that other stuff aside for a minute, it's blogging that's always been that proverbial thorn in my side because I just can't seem to get myself to sit down and blog. Why? Because I have no flipping clue what to write about. OK I know you're probably thinking: "Uh, HP, aren't you a writer? Isn't that what you're supposed to do by definition?" Yes, you're right and I know as a writer, I should have lots to say but invariably, I'm always stumped on what to write about. That might sound dumb but it's true. Well, that is, until now!
Yes, that's right, HP finally has a plan for this blog and it only took her two years to get there but better late than never, right!
So here's the plan... I am going to write about things that actually might be interesting to you--rather than random thoughts going through my head or what I'm doing at the moment (I'm really not that interesting). Instead, I've compiled a list of things that I get a kick out of and that might interest you too (I hope they do!)
So far, this is what I've got:
1. My favorites in pinterest for the week--that means awesome recipes, funny jokes, half naked hot men, the list goes on. (Note: this list is not in order of importance!)
2. Since I was an English major, I have a huge love for all things classic literature so thought I might share some of my fav poems and poets.
3. Inside the writer's studio: interviews with your favorite writers (as long as they aren't too snooty (read: as long as they'll let me interview them).
4. Inside the reader's studio: interviews with you, the readers! All the blogs out there are about writers but what about you? I love getting to know my readers so I thought this would be a fun way to reach out and find out what makes you tick!!!
5. Let's learn about...random mystical creature of the week! I do quite a bit of research into fantasy creatures for my books and some of the stuff I come across is pretty interesting so thought I'd share with you all!
6. Grab bag: just random stuff that doesn't fit the above categories.
That's all I've got at the moment but I'm definitely open to suggestions!!!!
So, now that all that stuff is out of the way, this is my favorite stuff from Pinterest this week!!!
Favorite Recipes (Note: Click the pics to get the recipes or you can always follow me on Pinterest because I have a sweet tooth that won't quit! Here's the link: http://pinterest.com/hpmallory/
Supposedly the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the universe! (click pic for recipe)
Apple Crumble Bars: (click pic for recipe)
Dean Bros Peach and Cinnamon Cobbler: (click pic for recipe)
My Favorite Funnies from Pinterest this Week:
And my favorite for this week:
Now for the hot and sexy naked men you've been waiting for! I wanted to make sure you read through the whole post which is why I put them at the end!!!
If you aren't on Pinterest, consider joining! It's really so much fun and if you do join, please follow me and I'll follow you so we share fun stuff! Here's the link again: http://pinterest.com/hpmallory/
I don't know, I think my blog is pretty freaking fantastically awesome now!!!!