Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wow

So I know I haven't posted on my blog for a while but today seems like a good day to post. So much has gone on in the last week, I barely even know where to start...

I am feeling a bit melancholic because I just wrote the last paragraph in the last book of the Jolie series (Something Witchy This Way Comes) and just sent it over to my editor at Bantam. I never really realized how difficult it would be to say goodbye to these characters (well for now anyway...I want to write a spinoff series so hopefully goodbye won't be permanent!).

I just think back to a time four years ago when I was living in Cambridge, England and thought to myself, "hmm, I'm going to write a book." And the more I thought about it, the more firmly I decided it was actually a good idea. So the next thought was, "Great, what the heck are you going to write about?" But that part was easy. I wanted to write about a woman who was similar to me and, really, similar to most the women I knew. Someone who wasn't quite sure of herself and had her own set of issues, just like all of us, right? So I put pen to paper, or in this case, fingers to keyboard and I wrote Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble. And at that point, I had no idea what was in store for me, no idea how many people would fall in love with Jolie, Rand and Sinjin...

Now I just smile as I think how much my life has changed in the last year and a half. I started as a self published author and then was lucky enough to sign on with Random House (Bantam Imprint) for the last three books in the Jolie series. I'm now a full time author, I've made it to the Kindle Bestseller list, the Barnes and Noble Bestseller list and as of yesterday, the USA Today Bestseller list.

So now as I say goodbye to the Jolie series and, yes, I did shed a few tears as I wrote the final lines, I'm just overwhelmed with feelings of happiness and gratitude to all of my readers who made this possible. Without all of you, I never would have made it this far.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone out there! Thank you for loving Dulcie, Rand, Knight, Sinjin, Bram, Quillan and Jolie! Thank you for yelling at me about my cliffhangers! Thank you for reaching out and wanting to get to know me as much as I love getting to know all of you! Mostly just thank you for your loyalty and your support. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me.

So here's to 2012 and seeing where it takes us!

And to Jolie...Goodnight, sweet Queen!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, H.P. your blog about made me cry! I cannot even begin to think about saying goodbye to Rand, Sinjin, and Jolie! (A spin-off would be great!) .. You a truly talented author and I love all of your books SOOOO much! You deserve all of the success you have earned! And it means the world to me personally that you take time out of your day to say Hi to all of us fans! I cannot wait to read all of your other books! Love, Jeanette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You HP, for giving us such vivid and lovable characters to fall in love with. Your books are such a roller coaster of emotions: happy, sad, frightened, excited, and so much more. You keep us hanging on and counting the days from book to book and we love you for it.
    Keep them coming and I'll definitely keep buying... And one day, hopefully, I will win an autograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say thank you for giving us characters to fall in love with. Stories that took me away from my mundane reality to a world of excitement, romance and fun! I'm sad to see Jolie go, but cannot wait to see what other stories and characters you will come up with to save us from reality once again.

    Congrats on your success - you deserve it. I am honored to know and work with such a talented author and an all around great person. You're the best!

    Here's to your continued success!

    Evie@Paromantasy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being you! You inspired me to write the book I always wanted to write. I said to myself, if H.P. can do it, I can too. The only thing stopping me was me. So thanks again for creating a world where you don't have to have a big publishing house behind you when you start out to be great. You truly are amazing, and you deserve every bit of praise and adoration we all heap on you. Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see what Dulcie and Jolie will get up to next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you H.P.!! You deserve to be right where you are!! I cannot imagine it if you never created Jolie, Rand, SINJIN, Dulcie, Knight, Bram.... some of the absolute best characters ever!! Please don't stop, just continue to give me even more characters to fall in love with! I will always be a huge fan and buy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good night sweet Queen...hmmm...sounds like something Sinjin would say. I just want you to know H.P. you are an inspiring person to me. Jolie and her friends captivated my attentions immediately. And your story has re-kindled a flame within myself that I thought had long ago expired. You woke up my dream to write again and I thank you for it. I look up to you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are simply amazing and a great inspiration! I started my first book (a paranormal romance) and have high hopes that self-publishing it with Amazon will lead to a new career. Thank you for your great books, wonderful characters and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww man, I love this series and hate to see the next book be the end. The good thing is that where one book ends...another shall begin (you ae going to write more right?!?). I look forward to reading all of your books in the future. Jolie, Rand, and yes, even Sinjin have been a part of my life and I'm sure I will re-read them again. Congratulations, you've come a long way baby! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you decided to write! I love the characters. More than that, I love how you have interacted with your fans and also how your achievements have given us inspiration. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, what a heartfelt blog! I can only imagine how I and the rest of your readers will feel when the last book is published and we're all reading the last lines. Bittersweet!

    I personally want to thank you for creating such an entertaining world with wonderful and endearing characters. I can't wait to see what happens with any type of spinoffs. I'm a fan of your work for life.

    Lastly, you have a gift of literature. I know you will only continue on with success. Once again, thank you for allowing us to fall in love with Jolie and the rest.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete