Sunday, April 10, 2011

Guest post from my friend and author, Linda Welch

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are doing well!
I just wanted to introduce one of my writer friends, Linda Welch.
She is a fellow indie author and she's written some really fab books I think you'll all enjoy. I read her first book, Along Came A Demon, and I loved it! I would describe it as urban fantasy and you'll be on the edge of your seat the entire time!
So, without further ado...here's Linda!!!

It’s polite to thank the gracious hostess when you go to a party, so I’d like to say a few words about HP Mallory, who is one of the most gracious people I know.

I met HP on the Kindleboards last year. We emailed back and forth. I remember her asking about my Kindle sales. When I told her how many I sold per month, she said something like, “Wow! I would be over the moon to sell that many!”

Just months later she’s sold 100,000. I’m eating her dust.

It doesn’t surprise me. I read To Kill a Warlock and thought, wow, this lady can write! I knew she would make her name as an author. She’s incredibly talented, energetic, enthusiastic, a genuinely nice person, and she loves her fans as much as they love her. HP is destined for greatness and I couldn’t be happier for her. She works hard for it. She deserves it.

Thanks for having me here, HP.

As for me, I’m an Englishwoman who was lured to the States by an American in the USAF. We ended up in Utah, where we live in the Wasatch Mountains near a tiny town called Eden. I’ve been writing since I was – oh, fourteen, I think. My first story was written in school when some school mates and I decided to jot down our fantasies involving our big-screen idols. We’d just got through the sex-education class, which we thought hilarious, and our stories were, well, crudely explicit. Unfortunately, my mum found mine, so my very first masterpiece ended up in the fireplace.

I think I’ve honed my writing skills since them.

I write the Whisperings series. My readers describe Whisperings as a blend of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, mystery and humor. I call it paranormal mystery with a splash of humor and dash of romance.

ALONG CAME A DEMON, THE DEMON HUNTERS and just published DEAD DEMON WALKING revolve around Tiff Banks. She’s mildly snarky, impatient, and suspicious by nature. Tiff sees and speaks to the ghosts of those who died violently. If not for their frozen expressions and whispering voices she would have difficulty distinguishing them from the living. These ghosts, or as she calls them, “shades,” are helpful when Tiff is assisting her local police department in their investigations. The dead are all around and they’re always watching, they can do nothing else, and they tell Tiff what they see and hear. She also lives with two shades who have become her family, even though they sometimes drive her to distraction. Tiff also sees through the glamour of demons to what they actually are. They’re not really demons, but Tiff calls them that. In her opinion, anything that can charm a person for the purpose of sensual and sexual gratification is definitely demonic.

In ALONG CAME A DEMON, Tiff has to solve the mystery of why the shade of a woman is able to break the rules of the afterlife to seek her and what happened to the woman’s son, but first she must convince the police that the son does exist. Having a partner foisted on her does not make Tiff happy, particularly as Royal Mortensen is a demon. A loner, she doesn’t expect much from life except failed relationships and does not know how to react to a man who seems to assume they are destined to be together. Trying to solve the case while distracted by her un-Tiff-like feelings for the handsome detective turns her life upside-down. Royal seems perfect – he even cooks! But is he?

More about the Whisperings series and links to the books, electronic and paperback, can be found at http://lindadwelch.com.

Thanks for listening. And again, thanks HP!

Thank you for visiting my blog today, Linda, and I really appreciate your very kind words!

I hope all of you will check out Linda's books because I really think you'll enjoy them!!!!

HP

4 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like something I'd like. Thanks for the interview! I'll check out Along Came a Demon!

    Michelle Muto
    The Book of Lost Souls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a *BIG Linda Welch fan, okay, I am a Royal fan (not only is he gorgeous-he cooks!), but that makes me a Linda fan by default, right? . Hey, Linda!

    I love Linda's story telling style and Tiff's sarcasm and dry humor makes her my kind of girl. My favorite book is her third (Dead Demon Walking) she introduces a new "demon" character that floats my boat ;)

    HP Mallory, you are also one of my favorites! Eagerly awaiting you write next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you did this guest post Linda!! I am excited to read The Whisperings Series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking for new authors to read and have loved all of HP's previous suggestions! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete