Thursday, February 3, 2011

Guest Post from Toni LoTempio

Hi All,
Just wanted to quickly introduce you to my friend Toni. She's written a ton of books and I think you all would enjoy reading them!
So, without further ado, here's Toni!

Hi Everyone!
A big shout-out to HP for letting me stop by and share my new YA fantasy release with you! I’m primarily an adult paranormal suspense/romance writer, but this idea for a YA fantasy grabbed me and would not let go – and thus MY SUPERHERO SISTER was born.

I’ve always been a big fan of comics – Superman, Batman, and the like – so this book just seemed a natural. Adults might like it as well!

I’ve been writing since 2000 – I’ve had a few books published by small press, but nothing notable. Then HP suggested I go the “indie” route. I have one other adult indie, NO REST FOR THE WICCA. MY SUPERHERO SISTER is my first YA.
I have more books in the future, but for now, I’d like to introduce you to Holly Hamilton – and her superhero sister!
MY SUPERHERO SISTER:

Holly Hamilton has always been perturbed by the way her older sister, Ellen, seems to get everything. It's especially tough living in the shadow of your sister's cape when she's a super heroine named Suprema!

With one super-parent and one not, it was inevitable that the girls would turn out different. Unfortunately for Holly, she takes after her earthling mother. Ellen has taken over their retired father’s role as Century City's reigning superhero, balancing school and super-duties with remarkable ease while it’s a struggle for Holly to get through her English class without mishap, not to mention those Cheer Squad tryouts!
The girls learn their father’s old nemeses, Anti-Hero, has escaped from his Space Prison, and they’re concerned – Anti-Hero nullified their father’s powers once – what else does he have in store for him and Suprema? When another teen superhero extraordinaire appears on the scene, they’re even more puzzled. Who is Magna Boy? Is he friend or foe? And does he have a connection to Anti-Hero? The appearance of two new guys at school, teen heartthrob Tad Barker and nerd Ed McGee, set Holly and her sister to wondering—and arguing—could one of them be the new super kid on the block? If so, which one?
Working with her friend Mona and her scientist uncle, Holly finally uncovers Anti-Hero’s dastardly plot – he intends to capture Suprema and Magna Boy and siphon their powers for himself! Before she can warn her sibling, however, Anti-Hero strikes and captures the superheroes. Now it’s up to Holly to use her ingenuity and prove to everyone, but most of all herself, that you don’t’ have to be a superhero for good to win out over evil…or to nab a super-boyfriend, either!

SHS is available at AMAZON:
http://www.amazon.com/SUPERHERO-SISTER-Fantasy-DIARIES-ebook/dp/B004KZP1Q4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1296751671&sr=8-1

BARNES AND NOBLE:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/My-Superhero-Sister-a-YA-Fantasy/Toni-LoTempio/e/2940012147561/?itm=1&USRI=my+superhero+sister

SMASHWORDS:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/39168

Thanks for letting me come by and visit! You can also catch up with me at my website, www.freewebs.com/toni1953 or my cat’s blog: www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com

Thanks again , HP!

7 comments:

  1. Count me in as a big fan of MY SUPERHERO SISTER! I loved the retro feel of this superhero fable, and I think it will have a lot of appeal for young readers.

    Many happy sales, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by again to add that courtesy of the author, I'm hosting a giveaway of MY SUPERHERO SISTER on my blog, The Galaxy Express. Entering is easy peasy, but the contest ends this Sunday, so hurry on over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. H.P. congrats on the mention in the USA Today article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will someone pretty please explain to me how you can be half-Wiccan? That's like calling yourself half-Christian. *scratching head.* Your storytelling looks pretty awesome, Toni, but I'm a little confused on that point in No Rest for the Wicca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kinda sorta sounds like what Jim Hines has done. Kinda sorta. :-)

    The first in his series is The Stepsister Scheme.

    Just an FYI. Sounds like fun! :-)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I meant to say was that Toni's story sounds like fun. Sheesh on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting on H.PO. Mallory's blog. I really enjoyed all of her books, so I downloaded, No Rest for the Wicca and Superhero Sister. I read Wicca this weekend and loved it...hoping for sequels. Looking forward to reading Superhero Sister also. It is so nice that authors who write similar genres can work together to introduce fans to each other!

    ReplyDelete