Saturday, January 29, 2011

Big News!

So, I have some really great news to share with everyone...(drum roll) LOL

I have quit my day job! Woo Hoo! So, in two weeks, I'll be a full time author which means I'll devote all my time to my books. So, what does this mean for you?

1. A Tale of Two Goblins, the next Dulcie book will be released earlier than April 20. How much earlier, I'm not sure yet. Have lots to still figure out.

2. The next Jolie book will be released earlier as well. Still need to figure this one out too.

3. I had started the first book in a new series a while back and only got halfway through. Well, I'm going to finish that one and put that one out there too. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to hear what you all think!

Unfortunately, I can't make the Atlanta trip now as it had been a work trip (and I'd tacked on the meet and greet). I'm so sorry about this but I promise to make it up to all of you! I just have to get my life into control and once it is, I'm going to start planning some book tours.

So, I'm a little scared with these changes but I'm also so excited. I've always wanted to be a real, full time writer, ever since I was 12 years old and now I'm taking the leap! Woo Hoo!!!!!

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And welcome to the full-time author club! I quit my day job in February last year and have not regretted it. You'll see how much more you'll get done and how many more great books you'll be able to write now that pesky job is gone!
    And if you ever have time to visit San Francisco, we should meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, HP! Congrats! That's phenomenal news and I'm so happy that you are able to follow your dreams. So many of us don't get that opportunity. You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! Wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's wonderful - for you and for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh myyyyy gooodnesss that is so so awesome!! I'm happy for you, such a big dream coming true! Enjoy it:))

    Well, and for us this is awesome too - more books, less time to wait!!! WOhhoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your comments and I'm so excited!
    Yes, Tina, we should definitely meet up. It's been so fun to experience indiedom together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaay! And congratulations!! A selfish congrats to all us lucky readers also since we will now be getting reading treats sooner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome News!!!! Yay for EARLIER release dates, Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I'm sure you'll do great with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! I am so happy for you! You deserve it. This is your year HP!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! I am happy we get your books sooner LOL!!!! It's awesome that your dream of being a full-time writer has come true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I am so happy you are making your dream come true! I am truly inspired by you!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! What an exciting time for you (and your fans). enjoy being a full time writer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much. Your thoughts really mean a lot to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im so happy for you and extremely excited about there being a ton more books faster....I love your writing and cant wait to see what the future holds in all you & the characters you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so awesome! I am really happy for you!!!!!! Congrats! Don't forget to take you time in all this craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!! That is wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats HP!!! You are now officially "Living The Dream". Can you hear the envy seeping out??? I'm ecstatic for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *coming out of lurkdom*

    Absolutely fabulous news! Go on with your bad self. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your books last week. And LOVE them. Congrats on becoming a full time author! I can't wait to enjoy more books :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats, it is truly a blessing to be living your dream and may you bless us with more great books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am excited for you. Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete