Sunday, January 2, 2011

And now for something meaningful...

So, earlier today I was at Jared's jewelers and I noticed they had all these plush little dogs all over the store and my little son noticed them as well (of course, right? Toddlers and stuffed animals!) .

When I asked how much they were, the salesman told me that they were 12 bucks which I thought was a really good price and, even better, all sales of the dogs benefited St. Jude's Children's hospitals. I have donated to St. Jude's for years so, of course, I bought one.

It got me to thinking though--apparently Jared's does quite a bit of donating to St. Jude's and it made me feel good to know my business was helping kids going through cancer.

St. Jude's is a charity that has always been close to my heart. So far in my life, I've been blessed to have a very healthy little boy and it just breaks my heart when I think how other families and children are struggling with cancer and other diseases.

So, I thought I would help in my own little way by spreading St. Jude's message and reminding everyone to help out in any way they can, whether it be by donating money or time or good thoughts.

Thank you!!!

HP

2 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear HP! Living on Memphis, St. Jude awareness is everywhere here. I have a friend who just ran in the St. Jude Marathon a few weeks ago. I, too, feel so very grateful for my healthy children. I think of that feeling whenever I purchase items that donate a portion to St. Jude. It is *such* a worthy cause. I support whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks so much for the comment and I'm so thrilled to hear it! Thanks so much for supporting such a worthy cause!!!
    HP

    ReplyDelete