Friday, October 22, 2010

Wow, love you Barnes and Noble!

So, I uploaded my books to Barnes and Noble on the 12th of October and it was pretty silent on the Nook front for maybe a week. Then B&N started ranking me #1 for the search query "Paranormal Romance" and I don't know how it happened, but somehow I've managed to climb to rank 137 for Fire Burn and 150 for Warlock. And I'm not sure what the B&N universe is but when I started my rank was 50,000 so that's a pretty huge jump.

I literally am amazed. I can't believe how well my books are doing! Such an amazing feeling!!! I am so thrilled to be an indie author and I wish I'd taken this step a long time ago. But, better late than never, right?

Today is such an amazing day for authors who have been snubbed by New York publishing houses. Now, it's readers who determine an author's worth, not agents or publishers and that is awesome news! You can demand what it is you want to read, not have to settle for what New York gives you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's fantastic, HP! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

    You are completely right. Your numbers are proof that the masses have finally spoken up and have won out against the overly controlling publishers and agents. I say good for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete