Sunday, October 31, 2010

And The Winners Are...

So, first off, I just want to thank everyone who entered this contest. When I initially came up with the idea, I was hoping for maybe 30 entrants and I would have considered it a success. Well, I ended up with way more than 30--final count was somewhere near 135. Amazing!

And, because everyone was so excited about the prospect of being forever remembered in a book, I not only expanded this contest by adding one more winner but I've also decided to run this contest for every new book I release, both in the Jolie Wilkins series but also in the Dulcie O'Neil series, as well. And, for any new series I dream up!

So, having said that, if you would like to be alerted whenever a new book is on its way so you can enter the "become a character" contest, just add yourself to my email distro list by visiting my website at www.hpmallory.com and click the "contact" tab.

OK, let's get down to business!!!

I am beyond thrilled to first announce the winner of the original character contest. This character is:

* integral to the storyline
* mentioned in Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble
* will play a part in all future books in the Jolie Wilkins series

Just a reminder as to what the winner will receive:

* A written part in Toil and Trouble and future Jolie Wilkins books
* The ability to read Toil and Trouble before it's released to the public
* Added to the Acknowledgments page of Toil and Trouble
* Interviewed on my blog
* A signed (with dedication) paperback copy of Toil and Trouble
* A signed paperback copy of Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble and To Kill A Warlock

And the winner of this character is...

MERCEDES BERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Mercedes! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to touch base and send you my questionnaire to find out all about you!!!

But, wait, there's more!

As I mentioned above, I was so amazed by the response to this contest, that I decided to add another character. This character:

* Plays a big part in the latter section of Toil and Trouble
* Is the reason for Rand's anger towards Sinjin!!!!!

The winner of this character will receive:

* A written part in Toil and Trouble
* The ability to read Toil and Trouble before it's released to the public
* Added to the Acknowledgments page of Toil and Trouble
* Interviewed on my blog
* A signed (with dedication) paperback copy of Toil and Trouble
* A signed paperback copy of Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble and To Kill A Warlock

And the winner of this character is...

CHRISTINE TRUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Christine and I'm super excited to talk to you all about you, as well!

Just a reminder, both winners were drawn at random. Please congratulate Mercedes and Christine and if you are interested to learn more about Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, the first book in the Jolie Wilkins series (including the first chapter), just click here: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Toil and Trouble will be released January 1, 2011 so be sure to check it out to see the parts that Mercedes and Christine play!

Thank you to everyone who entered and spread the word. I am humbled by your excitement about my contest!

And everyone have a very Happy Halloween,

A very excited HP Mallory

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to both winners...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats winners!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats winners. Truly an awesome contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Mercedes and Christine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sooooooooo much. I can't tell you how Happy I am. I am driving everyone in the house nuts. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cooongrats to everyone!!! Great contest, seriously this was the best contest ever!

    I'm excited to read what you do with those girls hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners! I'm so happy for them, but also a bit jealous! LOL

    ReplyDelete