Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finished Samson's Lovely Mortal

So, I finished a great book last night, Samson’s Lovely Mortal by indie author, Tina Folsom.
It was a great read and I would have finished it way sooner if I hadn’t had to make corrections
To the two hard copy proofs of each of my books.

Here’s a quick blurb about this book:
Vampire bachelor Samson can't get it up anymore. Not even his shrink can help him. That changes when the lovely mortal auditor Delilah tumbles into his arms after a seemingly random attack. Suddenly there's nothing wrong with his hydraulics - that is, as long as Delilah is the woman in his arms.

His scruples about taking Delilah to bed vanish when his shrink suggests it's the only way to cure his problem. Thinking all he needs is one night with her, Samson indulges in a night of pleasure and passion.

However, another attack on Delilah and a dead body later, and Samson has his hands full: not only with trying to hide the fact he's a vampire, but also with finding out what secrets Delilah harbors for somebody to want her harm.

I really enjoyed the characterization of Samson. He’s hot, possessive, jealous and very caring.

The beginning is great—really enjoyed the mixup of Delilah as the stripper and Samson’s reaction to her. And the other vamp who comes off as super scrumptious is Amaury. And, guess what? He has his own book, Amaury’s Hellion. So, I’ll be sure to check that one out as well.

The writing flows really nicely and there aren’t any dull moments. There’s also a whodunit to the story which is always fun to try to figure out. So, definitely check this one out. Really enjoyed it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks HP! I'm really glad you liked it! By the way, in case you missed it at the end of the book, you can win a copy of Book #3 (Gabriel) if you leave a short review on Amazon.
    Thanks again for reading it!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I need to leave my review on Amazon but don't enter me--I like supporting my indies! I'll just buy it...

    ReplyDelete