Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So, I had this idea...

I forget where I had read this but recently I read something about the fact that many urban fantasy authors are having their books made into graphic novels, aka comic books.

Of course, this was already a trend for Laurell K. Hamilton and her Anita Blake books. But, I also had heard that the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris was also going this route and it looks like Twilight also has a comic book associated with it.

So, guess what? Yep, I was thinking about making a comic book for Fire Burn. OK, so let me qualify this statement--I wouldn't do the art. I'd just write the content. I'm in the process of looking for an artist to see where this idea can go. If you know of any artists who won't charge me an arm and a leg, let me know!

And, also, let me know what you think of the idea. Would you be interested in reading a comic book of Fire Burn? I really liked reading the comic versions of the Anita Blake stories and thought this might be a good angle for me to take.

Would love to hear what you all think!

So, I'm still in Indiana but headed back tomorrow. If I haven't returned your email, I just haven't had a chance yet so please be patient!

HP

No comments:

Post a Comment