Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Considering pubbing hard copy

Yesterday I received a very interesting email from someone saying he was interested in reviewing my books but alas, they are ebooks and he just had an aversion to reading ebooks. I can't say I blame him--unless you own an ereader, it's just not fun to be stuck at your computer for hours on end reading a book.

He mentioned that I should have some hard copy versions of my books and it got me to thinking...maybe I should!

To authors and readers out there, what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking of going the route of Createspace--any thoughts on that? Would love any advice or opinions.

2 comments:

  1. I used Createspace and thought that their process was quite easy, as long as you have a good pdf converter and can do your cover yourself (using Photoshop - they provide the template).

    In terms of pricing: for Samson's Lovely Mortal which is about 90,000 words long and costs $4.99 on Kindle, I had to price it at $11.99 so that I won't make a loss on the expanded distribution channel (and I went with the Pro option).

    Any questions, just email me offline.

    Tina Folsom
    http://www.tinawritesromance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Tina. I'm looking into creating my cover in photoshop this weekend. I'm excited!
    I will shoot you an email if I have any questions which I'm sure I will!

    ReplyDelete