Thursday, August 26, 2010

Being an indie rocks!

Yesterday was the best day in terms of sales that I've had yet--my sales ranking got as low as 500 (out of 600,000 total books) and I was shocked! And I have no idea why yesterday was so great but I'm thrilled.

I have noticed that Amazon is ranking my books way better now than it was before. Warlock is really ranking decently well on searches relating to urban fantasy. So maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure.

But, I can't complain. In fact, I was doing the dance of joy last night! LOL
I think this just goes to show that self pubbed authors can be very successful. I keep coming across agent blogs that constantly say that self publishing isn't the way to go and you won't make any money, bla bla bla. To them I say, you're wrong! If you have a good story and you market it well and your covers are decent, the world is your oyster.

I really believe that self pubbing will be the way of the future because it allows the audience to decide what they do and don't like--not some snarky agent sitting in New York or a publishing house that keeps putting out the same old story year after year. When you put the control into the hands of the readers, that is exactly where it should be.

OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats HP! That's fabulous - and there everybody kept saying on the loops that August was a bad month for books! Guess you're calling them all liars.

    Tina Folsom
    http://www.tinawritesromance.com

    ReplyDelete