Thursday, July 15, 2010

Writing Soundtracks

So I was thinking the other day about the music that has really influenced my writing. While I was living in the U.K. I wrote both Fire Burn and To Kill A Warlock. During that time, I listened to a few CDs that one of my husband's friends had graciously given us. Some of those songs really characterized my books. Now when I listen to the CDs, it reminds me not only of living abroad but it also puts me into the frame of mind I was in when I wrote both books.

So, if you're interested in what I perceive the soundtracks to my books to be, ponder no more!

Here are the songs that really shaped my writing and my books. Bands, if you want to send some royalties my way, I wouldn't argue. LOL

Westfall, Okkervil River


The Strokes, Electricityscape

Stone Roses, I wanna be adored

Si Hi to Your Mom, Blah Blah Blah (really like this one)

Cold War Kids, Hang Me Up To Dry

Sonic Youth, Teenage Riot (love love love)

Pinback, Syracuse

Of Montreal, Oslo in the Summertime

Digitalism, Pogo
(This one had the biggest effect on my writing. Absolutely adore this song)

TV on the Radio, Blues from Down Here

Ghetto Ways, Scissors for Lefty

Regina Spektor, Us

No comments:

Post a Comment