Saturday, July 10, 2010

When are vampires and werewolves cliche or are they already?

It seems that lately everything is vampires and werewolves. I'm specifically talking about Twilightism and True Bloodism.
Don't get me wrong, I love vampires (more so than werewolves, I must admit).
But it got me to thinking--are people sick of vampires and werewolves yet? What about all of you?
In my second book, To Kill A Warlock, I was worried about reintroducing the same old same old so I, instead, went after less popular paranormal creatures like fairies and warlocks and the hero, Knight, is something I totally made up--a Loki or a creature from the Netherworld.
I couldn't quite break from the vampire norm though, so I did add the token vampire. LOL
Would love any comments as to what you think about this subject.
PS how funny is this quote I found:
Never moon a werewolf--Mike Binder

No comments:

Post a Comment